[Mimedefang] action_bounce html mail

Renaud Pascal renaud.pascal at atosorigin.com
Tue Jul 13 09:58:52 EDT 2010

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:16:08 +0100
"tonj" <tonj at freeuk.com> wrote:

> thanks for your feedback on this and I've been using your suggested code in
> my md filter for a few days but html mail is still coming through as normal.
> This is my md filter:
>
> # Detect and load Perl modules
> detect_and_load_perl_modules();
>
> sub filter_begin {
>     my($entity, $name, $ext, $type) = @_;
>     if ($type =~ /text.html/i) {
>         return action_bounce("HTML mail not allowed here, plain text
> only.");

> Spam is rejected but not html mail. Perhaps I have done something wrong but
> I can't see what it is. Can you see any error or see why the code isn't working?

Well, yes, the main error is still the one David already warned you about:

> > 2) read and understand the mimedefang-filter man page.

and the basic mistake is the one that Joseph Brennan corrected in his post,
you try and use filter_begin while this infamous '$type' you want to shot
is out of scope here, try and use it in 'filter' and maybe we could then
see what the next stagger would be ;-)

.