[Mimedefang] action_bounce html mail

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Fri Jul 9 09:16:57 EDT 2010

tonj <tonj at freeuk.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to get mimedefang to reject any mail containing html.

 Is
> mimedefang capable of what I want or do I need to install some other
> 'helper' program? If md can do this on its own can anyone advise the
> correct
> command for mimedfeng to reject any and all mail where the message body
> contains html?

Assuming...

sub filter {
    my($entity, $fname, $ext, $type) = @_;

... then $type contains the value of the Content-Type header, and
you could so something like...

    if ($type =~ /text.html/i) {
        return action_bounce("HTML mail not accepted");
    }

You're going to reject a lot of mail. I wouldn't do this even just
for myself.

Joseph Brennan