[Mimedefang] action_bounce html mail

tonj tonj at freeuk.com
Thu Jul 8 19:16:39 EDT 2010

I'm trying to get mimedefang to reject any mail containing html. I tried
what I saw in the md manual as follows:

sub filter_begin {
    my($entity) = @_;
    if ($FoundHTML) {
        action_bounce("HTML mail not allowed here, plain text only.");
        return;
    }
}

but this isn't working, I'm still getting mail that contains html. In the
default mimdefang-filter I saw:
remove_redundant_html_parts($entity);
but this is meant to strip out HTML parts if there is a corresponding
plain-text part.
I did search on google but couldn't find any reference on this. Is
mimedefang capable of what I want or do I need to install some other
'helper' program? If md can do this on its own can anyone advise the correct
command for mimedfeng to reject any and all mail where the message body
contains html?