[Mimedefang] stripping Received headers based on authentication

Jan Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 17 08:55:10 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 11:00:17PM +0000, Tom H wrote:
> I left the "read_commands_file() in filter_sender, and tried again with
> the same code in filter end, but I get a "Milter delete (noop): header:
> Received" message in the logs, and the Received header remains.
>
> Is it possible to remove "Received headers" in the mimdefang filter, or
> are they added afterwards?

mimedefang receives the message as it arrives on the wire, ie: the first
Received header has not been added yet (the "current hop").

So you cannot delete the current received header. You can delete
previous Received: headers, though.

What you could do is resubmit the mail locally, possibly using
resend_message(@Recipients), after suitably altering $RealRelayAddr
and $RealRelayHostname.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
"People are continuously reinventing the flat tyre".