[Mimedefang] OT: Choice of desktop OS (was Re: watch-mimedefang)

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Tue Feb 16 10:01:58 EST 2010

On 2/16/2010 8:45 AM, WBrown at e1b.org wrote:
> Making the switch caused some grief, but I think it was worth it in the
> long run.  If nothing else, patches don't eventual bog the system down like
> they do in Windows.  If you don't believe me, take a fresh machine and
> install Windows 2000 on it.  Time how long it takes to boot.  Then do
> nothing but patch it.  Alot.  Reboot repeatedly.  Burn most of a day doing
> so.  Time how long it takes to boot after all current patches are applied.
> Last time I did this, it took about 3 times longer to boot.

That's because Linux patches FIX things.

Windows patchs might fix things... ORRRRrrrr it might be installing covert windows software
that allow Microsoft, the NSA, SOME government with monetary stake in MS or, or even the execs in HOLLYWOOD to wreak control of your PC and it's content.

Grrrr...

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.