[Mimedefang] OT: Choice of desktop OS

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sun Feb 14 14:08:51 EST 2010

Sorry for my delay'd jump in...

I agree with the concept of not having a linux system around, but I can also see how it's possible to have a system without a GUI around. The GUI's suck a lot of performance and while on a sort of "admin only" box, it's nice to save the space.

So I have a mix.

In time without a Linux/Unix system w/o a GUI, both my laptop and my desktop have Cygwin installed with the
packaged Xserver.

Both machines support the XDMCP remote full desktop session. (I love it.)

Some day I'll get a kick-butt setup going again with my NCD Xterminals. ;)

Anyway, like people have said, consider setting up Cygwin if you have Windows boxen running amok already.

  -Ben