[Mimedefang] watch-mimedefang

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 17:04:55 EST 2010

On 2/12/2010 3:26 PM, Cliff Hayes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using GraphDefang.  In looking at the sample output from
> watch-mimedefang I see it provides more details.
> I have not been able to use watch-mimedefang because it's a GUI.
> If possible, I'd like to start using watch-mimedefang.
> I run mimedefang on a fedora 11 server.  I never load OS GUIs on any of our
> servers as the overhead is not necessary.
> Will watch-mimedefang work from the console?  I understand it requires
> Tcl/Tk to work.  However, a yum search of such packages returns 188 results.
> What are the prerequisites for watch-mimedefang?

X programs don't need to display on the same machine they run.  If you
just have the basic X libs installed you can 'ssh -Y' from a desktop
elsewhere to the server in question and run watch-mimedefang (or pretty
much any X program) and it will open a new window on your desktop to
display.

--
   Les Mieksell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com