[Mimedefang] change sendmail priority from within filter_begin()

Kevin A. McGrail KMcGrail at PCCC.com
Fri Feb 12 10:23:23 EST 2010

> how can I change the sendmail priority from within mimedefang?
> action_add_header('Precedence','bulk') insite filter_begin() adds the
> header but seems not to change the priority (probably because sendmail
> already has set it).
>
> ... changing the Priority (grep ^P /etc/mail/sendmail.cf). I know how
> to fiddle with headers. I have really inhaled the manual.

Frank,

I can only guess that the email already has a Precedence header and you
are using add_header instead of the change_header function I referenced
above.  Sendmail doesn't add this header to my knowledge.

Regards,
KAM