[Mimedefang] [Patch] relay_is_* not ipv6 friendly

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
Tue Feb 2 15:28:57 EST 2010

On Die, 2010-02-02 at 13:09 +0100, Michiel Brandenburg wrote:
> On 2-2-2010 11:34, Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> >> # taken from Net::IP, and converted to use no external, and handle no padding
> >
> > Hmm, any special reason for not using Net::IP directly?
> > Or did I miss something?
> That could be done without a problem but I did not want to bloat
> mimedefang.pl anymore than strictly needed.  I have checked all modules
> that are used by default and none seem to need Net::IP so to add another
> dependency just to reverse some addresses was pointless.
>
> On a side note Net::IP is not installed per default (at least on my
> debian machines) so adding another package there .. .
Well, I don't think that the default packages of some Linux distribution
(even if it's Debian - which is not the whole world) should decide if
one either copies the code (and bugs) or uses the lib/module.
Apart from that RHEL5/CentOS-5 (and thus Fedora since F6) have it in the
core repo (if I interpret the output from `rpm -qi perl-Net-IP`
correctly. But I activate/use usually also the kbsingh, epel, rpmfusion
and rpmforge repos - if only for CPAN modules).

> It would be good to use some more functions from Net::IP notably tests
> to see what is ipv6 / ipv4 cause all beat /:/ and /\./  :)
That could be the other to use it in the core MD code too.

	Bernd
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
                     LUGA : http://www.luga.at