[Mimedefang] [Patch] relay_is_* not ipv6 friendly [offtopic]

Michiel Brandenburg apex at xepa.nl
Tue Feb 2 15:22:40 EST 2010

On 2-2-2010 20:49, David F. Skoll wrote:
> Ah, true.  Well... the database I use (PostgreSQL) has a "network"
> type that accepts both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.  I'm not sure what the
> database I don't use (MySQL) does (or if it even has a network type.)
Yea I noticed that too MySQL can store ipv4 (as a numeric value) and
there is some hacked support for ipv6 but PostgreSQL wow .. damn why did
I not take a look at that before, gonna save me soo much work.

> We'll all be using IPv6 when the United States uses SI units in everyday
> commerce. :(
Oh no .. don't tell me there is another conversion coming up .. damn
there goes my holiday.

> Don't worry about it... I've integrated a modified version of your
> patch into our development version.  I'm travelling next week, but hope
> to release a (final?) MIMEDefang 2.68-beta after I return.
Can't wait, will try to see if I can add some extra patches :) hehe.

Btw .. (this might hurt) any word on integrating File-VirusScan into
mimedefang :) ?  As I remember there was some talk about it way back.

Michiel