[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang - "Bounce" when really a SMTP rejection.

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Aug 20 15:31:18 EDT 2010

Les Mikesell wrote:

> If you are talking about 'real' mail servers, a non-delivery
> notification is always generated, so the only difference is whether it
> is created on your server or the one trying to send to you.

That's a huge difference.  It's the difference between being a good
Internet citizen and turning your name into mud on dozens of blacklists. :)

IMO, "reject" is the more accurate term.  However, here's reality:
Paying projects take precedence over non-paying ones and important
bugs take priority over minor bugs, so extremely minor nitpicks like
this are really low on my priority list.