[Mimedefang] Socket map performance

Michiel Brandenburg apex at xepa.nl
Tue Nov 24 19:14:53 EST 2009

David F. Skoll wrote:
>> Have you used it for standard maps? (e.g. access or virtusertable)
> Yes.
Same
>> YES => Have you tried to reduce (horrible) number of lookups issued by
>> "any map" sendmail.cf design?
Jupp, with a little trickery it can be done one lookup for say
www.noone.com is possible mostly.

> No.  But a socketmap lookup passed through MIMEDefang down into the Perl code
> is something like 10x to 1000x slower than a Berkeley DB lookup.
Ooo .. idd note to self .. find a way around this nasty beast, but .. as
I only run a moderately small server :) cost gain benifits are well u
know :)

> (Side note: I'd love to see Sendmail support Dan Bernstein's "CDB" databases;
> our tests indicate they are much faster than Berkeley DB.  Maybe that's a
> project for the future...)
Dit not look into that .. but will thnx

--
Michiel Brandenburg