[Mimedefang] Sendmail::Milter

Paul Murphy pjm at ousekjarr.org
Wed Nov 25 14:42:46 EST 2009

Andrzej Adam Filip wrote:

> But I think that secondary MXes are slightly "out of fashion" :-)

Oh, they have their place - in my case, 99.9% of everything which
arrives at my secondary is spam, whereas only 10% of traffic to the
primary is.  The secondary is a much slower system, which takes its time
in deciding what to do with the message, so the spammers are slowed down
and kept off my primary.  They are also on different sites, but
delivering to the same corporate mail store over VPN connections, so the
secondary also saves me some bandwidth on the main site, where it is
scarce.

On the very rare occasions when the primary is unavailable, the
secondary can just about handle the traffic.

I'm seriously considering having a filter routine which adds 5 to the
score of anything which arrives at the secondary when the primary is
known to be up...

Best Wishes,

Paul.