[Mimedefang] quota alert

Cliff Hayes chayes at afo.net
Tue Nov 10 22:32:53 EST 2009

Hello,

I programmed mimedefang to send a reject to the sender if user's mailbox is
full.
I'd also like to send a one-line email to the receiver notifying him/her
that messages are being rejected due to full box.  That way the user knows
why they are suddenly not receiving email and can fix the issue without
calling support.
Since I'm not using the Linux quota system, so the mailbox isn't really
full, it's just over the limit that I set.
What is the best way to send a message to a user from within mimedefang?
I'm planning to use the standard perl "sendmail -t" from filter_end in
mimedefang-filter unless there is something built into mimedefang.

Thanks,

Cliff