[Mimedefang] Rejecting Cyrillic

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Mar 25 15:46:44 EDT 2009

I've noticed a lot of spam lately in codepage Windows-1251 (Cyrillic). I'd
like to reject it with a "Cyrillic not understood; please resubmit as
Unicode". Is there a canonical MIMEDefang idiom for doing that?

I'm seeing the codepage referenced both in the subject line and in the MIME
part's Content-type header.

I could, of course, write a SpamAssassin rule for this, but it seems that
since none of my users have any use for Cyrillic, I could bounce it before
SA needed to look at it, and with a message that would be meaningful to a
legitimate sender.