[Mimedefang] Blocking Dictionary Attacks

afo cliff afocliff at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 14:19:42 EDT 2009

Paul:

I am intrigued by your mention of using filter_recipient.  I did a
grep on that and can't find it.  Is that part of mimedefang?

Thanks for everyone's help.  I was able to get it to work.  I already
could make it work with access table, but this method does not produce
rejection notices.  The undocumented exclamation point is the key.
How I did it:

access: empty

aliases:
bitbucket /dev/null

local-host-names:
mydomain.com

mailertable:
mydomain.com esmtp:final.mailserver.com

sendmail.mc:

define(`SMART_HOST', `final.mailserver.com')dnl
define(`MAIL_HUB', `final.mailserver.com')dnl
FEATURE(`stickyhost')dnl
define(`_VIRTUSER_STOP_ONE_LEVEL_RECURSION_')dnl

relay-domains: empty

virtusertable:
user1 at mydomain.com !
@mydomain.com bitbucket

I added define(`_VIRTUSER_STOP_ONE_LEVEL_RECURSION_')dnl to
sendmail.mc as a precaution.  Everything worked without it.