[Mimedefang] Strange issue with mimedefang/spamassassin reports.

Champ Clark III [Softwink] champ at softwink.com
Wed Jun 3 10:26:53 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:19:08AM -0400, Ron Wilhoite wrote:
> On 06/03/2009 09:23 AM Champ Clark III [Softwink] wrote:
>> 	I've been running SA/MD for quite a while and love it.  Over
>> the last 6 months or so,  I've run into a strange problem.  I believe
>> it's primarily happening on one of our mail servers. 	I've set MD to send
>> all spam to a spam address.  Like thus:
>> # Send to spam address
>> add_recipient('spam at localhost');
>> }
>> 	This seems to work just fine.  However,  from time to time,
>> SA/MD will send a "report" of spam to the user and not send it to the
>> 'spam at localhost' e-mail address.    Again,  the majority of the spam
>> ends up in the 'spam at localhost',   but every now and then I'll get a
>> e-mail,  with full report that e-mail is spam (scores, etc) in my inbox.
>
> Maybe obvious, but are you deleting all the recipients before adding your
> spam address?
>
> foreach $recip (@Recipients) {
> 	delete_recipient($recip);
> }
> add_recipient('spam at localhost');

	Thanks Ron,

	Just checked,  and yep (from the mail server that sending the
"reports"):

    # Remove original recipients
    foreach $recip (@Recipients) {
       delete_recipient($recip);
    }
    # Send to spam address
    add_recipient('spam at localhost');
    }

    It doesn't happen that often.  I'm going to try to get my hands on a
message that's been passed through and I'll post it.

--
        Champ Clark III | Softwink, Inc | 800-538-9357 x 101
                     http://www.softwink.com

GPG Key ID: 58A2A58F
Key fingerprint = 7734 2A1C 007D 581E BDF7  6AD5 0F1F 655F 58A2 A58F
If it wasn't for C, we'd be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL.