[Mimedefang] Re : HTML Boilerplates Disclaimers and image files e.g. jpeg/tiff

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Thu Feb 5 12:35:30 EST 2009

Given that a disclaimer is required, I would make it mime part 1 of all
messages, because of the warnings about reading the message or taking
any action based on it.  This can be done easily using the built-in
action_accept_with_warning function.

Doing so makes it possible for recipients comply with the warnings,
because in many clients part 2 (the original part 1) is not be visible
unless the recipient chooses to open it.

I might be guilty of taking the disclaimer law seriously.  But I don't
see how a disclaimer at the end of a message can be in compliance.

Joseph Brennan