[Mimedefang] Re : HTML Boilerplates Disclaimers and image files e.g. jpeg/tiff

Gary Funck gary at intrepid.com
Thu Feb 5 11:59:37 EST 2009

On 02/05/09 11:45:19, Ernst wrote:
>> David Skoll wrote (in part):
>> No, of course not.  To do so would be ridiculous.  So why the fetish
>> for mucking with e-mail?
>
> I can't agree more.  It is absolutely ridiculous to add disclaimers to
> e-mail. [...]
> I however understand Gibson's problem since he is from South
> Africa.  The South African government requires by law that all e-mail
> messages originating from South African companies MUST contain a
> disclaimer. [...]

Perhaps we should sponsor a new RFC: "Canonical Disclaimer Attachment".
Then mandate that a standard conforming email must use this attachment
type for its disclaimer.  Then, we can all safely drop the attachment
at our incoming mail server. :)  All mail that contains a final lorge
block of text at the end with disclaimer-sounding words in it,
can be returned to sender, with a note that they should use the
canonical disclaimer attachment for such things. :)

- Gary