[Mimedefang] Re : HTML Boilerplates Disclaimers and image files e.g. jpeg/tiff

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Feb 4 10:11:18 EST 2009

Gibson Moses wrote:

> I am trying to implement html boilerplate disclaimers using mimedefang
> but for some reason I can’t seem to get it working.

> First question: Is it possible to do this with mimedefang.

Yes.  But just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do
it.

> append_text_boilerplate($entity, $text_boilerplate, 0);
> append_html_boilerplate($entity, $html_boilerplate, 0);

append_html_boilerplate only appends to e-mails with HTML parts.
If the original e-mail is plain-text only, it won't convert it to
HTML.

Also, adding a link to an image without an http://server... prefix will
result in a broken image.  Adding an image with a an http://server... prefix
will make all your mail look like spam or phishing attempts.  Don't do it.

Adding disclaimers to email is pointless, wasteful and irritating.
Adding images in such disclaimers is beyond the bounds of decency.

Tell me, when your organization sends out written correspondence, or
concludes a phone call, do you add the disclaimer:

"All information contained in this letter or phone call is
confidential and may be used by the intended recipient only."

No, of course not.  To do so would be ridiculous.  So why the fetish
for mucking with e-mail?

Sincerely,

David "Miss Manners" Skoll