[Mimedefang] Write quarantine MSGs to DB?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Dec 15 07:28:38 EST 2009

Stefan König wrote:

> has someone ever tried to write the MD quarantine messages to a mysql DB?

Sure.  CanIt works that way[1] (though we use PostgreSQL, not MySQL.)
I suspect there are others who are using database-backed storage too,
including at least two who are using MIMEDefang as part of a commercial
service.

[1] For small installations.  For larger installations, we have a more
sophisticated scheme using a dedicated storage manager written in C,
with redundant storage across multiple nodes.  Relational databases tend
not to be optimized for storing large chunks of unstructured text.