[Mimedefang] Strange issue with mimedefang/spamassassin reports.

Champ Clark III [Softwink] champ at softwink.com
Thu Aug 6 13:23:52 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:26:53AM -0400, Champ Clark III [Softwink] wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 10:19:08AM -0400, Ron Wilhoite wrote:
> > On 06/03/2009 09:23 AM Champ Clark III [Softwink] wrote:
> >> 	I've been running SA/MD for quite a while and love it.  Over
> >> the last 6 months or so,  I've run into a strange problem.  I believe
> >> it's primarily happening on one of our mail servers.  I've set MD to send
> >> all spam to a spam address.  Like thus:
> >> # Send to spam address
> >> add_recipient('spam at localhost');
> >> }
> >> 	This seems to work just fine.  However,  from time to time,
> >> SA/MD will send a "report" of spam to the user and not send it to the
> >> 'spam at localhost' e-mail address.    Again,  the majority of the spam
> >> ends up in the 'spam at localhost',   but every now and then I'll get a
> >> e-mail,  with full report that e-mail is spam (scores, etc) in my inbox.

	I posted this a while back.  This problem seems to be getting
worse.  To re-explain;  the majority of spam get's sent to
"spam at localhost".  Every now and then,  rather than the spam going to
"spam at localhost",  it'll show up in users mailboxes with full report
that the message is indeed spam.

	This started out as a "every now and then" thing,  and has
dramatically increased quite a bit.   Rather than clutter up the list,
I've posted an example of a message that "slips" through.

http://vistech.net/~champ/spam.txt

	I've been up and down configuration file and have not seen how
or  why this is happening.   I've upgraded mimedefang,  and the results
are the same.  Any ideas?

--
        Champ Clark III | Softwink, Inc | 800-538-9357 x 101
                     http://www.softwink.com

GPG Key ID: 58A2A58F
Key fingerprint = 7734 2A1C 007D 581E BDF7  6AD5 0F1F 655F 58A2 A58F
If it wasn't for C, we'd be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL.