[Mimedefang] Including archetypal filters to include in release?

Philip A. Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Sun Apr 12 19:06:07 EDT 2009

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:
> Matt Selsky wrote:
>
>> You could also use a Patricia trie to find the smallest matching
>> network.
>>
>> See http://search.cpan.org/~plonka/Net-Patricia-1.014/
>>

> That does seem tailor-made :)

I had tried some time ago (like when this thread started in 2006 :-) )
to get something working with Net::Patricia, but soon figured out that
having a default like 0/0 didn't work... alas.  Bug in the software.
Researched it a bit some time later (like 2 months ago), and realized
that this and other bugs had been resolved... but unfortunately that the
package wasn't being updated and that this bug might be a while in the
fixing (or more likely never).

So, if anyone out there came to the same disappointing conclusion, take
heart...  I've picked up co-ownership of this, and a patched version of
the package is available.

http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/PHILIPP/Net-Patricia-1.14.52/

This is a pre-release of v1.15...  If there are no issues with this
pre-release, expect to see an official in about 4 weeks.

In the meantime, I might start work on a sub-module that merges it with
Net::CIDR::Lite and allows you to use range notation as well...

-Philip