[Mimedefang] md_graphdefang_log() must be called "in message context"?

Jan Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 11 16:21:36 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 12:54:12PM -0700, Gary Funck wrote:
> On 09/11/08 13:14:42, David F. Skoll wrote:
> > No.  Neither $Subject nor $MsgID is available until after DATA.
> > (Think about it...)
>
> Yeah, (the $Subject part) sounded wrong when I wrote that.
>
> What do you think of the idea of moving this code:
>
>     # Set message ID
>     if ($QueueID ne "") {
>         $MsgID = $QueueID;
>     } elsif ($MessageID ne "") {
>         $MsgID = $MessageID;
>     } else {
>         $MsgID = "NOQUEUE";
>     }
>
> into read_commands_file()?
>
> We're calling read_commands_file() from filter_recipient()
> to pick up macros and such.  It'd be nice if $MsgID were
> set implicitly as well.  This should work fine for
> do_scan() as well?

That's not necessary, $MsgID is already set correctly in filter_sender
and filter_recipient. Even without calling read_commands_file().

Note that it isn't available in filter_relay, but that's a sendmail-ism.
Sendmail hasn't assigned an ID to the new connection either (it only
assigns an ID after the MAIL From line).

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!