[Mimedefang] Ignoring sendmail aliases

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Tue Oct 28 08:11:05 EDT 2008

> How do I tell sendmail to stay out of the validating-recipients business?

To repeat myself, add the domain to the relay-domains list instead of
local-host-names.  Then use a mailertable or DNS to handle the final
delivery of the mail.

This makes sendmail know that the domain is allowed to be received and it
will not treat it as a local domain for alias expansion, etc.  Though, you
can still use the access file to control the recipients if you want.

I am 99% sure this will solve your problem.

Regards,
KAM