[Mimedefang] Creating temp directory before other side says HELO/EHLO?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sat Nov 22 19:29:41 EST 2008

Kelly Jones wrote:

> Mimedefang doesn't create a temporary directory until the other side
> has said HELO/EHLO.

That's true, because Sendmail doesn't allocate a queue identifier
until then.

> Is there a flag that changes that behavior?

No, there is not.  Since MIMEDefang names its directory based
on the Sendmail queue identifier, changing this would be hard.

> I'd find it really useful to handle all incoming email uniformly
> (especially for logging purposes), instead of making a special case
> for those clients that connect and never say HELO/EHLO.

Well... if a client connects and never says HELO, what do you propose
to store in the temporary directory?