[Mimedefang] user-defined return value ?

sosogh sosogh at 126.com
Mon Nov 17 20:10:58 EST 2008

HI

postfix provides mechanism called "Postfix SMTP access policy delegation" to filter mails.

Postfix talks to an external program called "policy server",sending it some information ,such as:
request=smtpd_access_policy
protocol_state=RCPT
protocol_name=SMTP
helo_name=some.domain.tld
queue_id=8045F2AB23
sender=foo at bar.tld
recipient=bar at foo.tld
recipient_count=0
client_address=1.2.3.4
client_name=another.domain.tld
reverse_client_name=another.domain.tld
instance=123.456.7

After the "policy server" process these information , it will send back "result action"(reture values) to
Postfix as a response. Those "result action" is one of the following strings:

OK
REJECT optional text...
BCC user at domain
DISCARD optional text...
DUNNO
FILTER transport:destination
HOLD optional text...
REDIRECT user at domain
and so on
http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html

I know little about milter,I want to find out whether the "postfix result action" can be used
in milter as "return value" or not.

Does it mean that only the following return values are supported in milter:?
'REJECT'
'CONTINUE'
'TEMPFAIL'
'DISCARD'