[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin via mimedefang is slow

Daniel Bourque dbourque at weatherdata.com
Fri Nov 7 14:48:53 EST 2008

Well the problem is with SA testing the domain name of the sender in the
Receive and Return-path headers.  For some reason the DNSBL-MX times out.

[15288] dbg: dns: launching DNS A query for gmail.com in background
[15288] dbg: async: starting: NO_DNS_FOR_FROM, DNSBL-A, dns:A:gmail.com
(timeout 10.0s, min 2.0s)
[15288] dbg: dns: launching DNS MX query for gmail.com in background
[15288] dbg: async: starting: NO_DNS_FOR_FROM, DNSBL-MX,
dns:MX:gmail.com (timeout 10.0s, min 2.0s)

Nothing wrong with MD...  great software for which I'm thankful

Dan