[Mimedefang] SpamAssassin via mimedefang is slow

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Fri Nov 7 11:46:22 EST 2008

Daniel Bourque wrote:

> Not sure what I could gain from having spamassassin check Received and
> Return-Path headers .  Our main smtp relay does the DNSBL checks at the
> sendmail level, and mime-defang does relay checks to skip filtering for

Since SA only uses DNSBLs for scoring, it can be used with DNSBLs
one wouldn't trust enough for blocking in the MTA.
And, SA can use DNSWLs for negative scoring.

The relay and return path information can also be used for more
than DNSLs. SPF and DKIM checks for example requires relay
information, as does whitelist_from_rcvd.

Regards
/Jonas

--
Jonas Eckerman, FSDB & Fruktträdet