[Mimedefang] Clamav/ExceededFileSize and Mimedefang

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed May 21 13:17:50 EDT 2008

Christoph Martin wrote:

> Mimedefang should improve the handlich of clamav return messages.

The existing MIMEDefang code will not be modified to support this.
If you want to change the behaviour, you'll need to get your filter
code to check the virus name and take different actions for fake
viruses.

Our new development efforts are focused on Email::VirusScan, which
Dave O'Neill is working on.  This code can (should?) be able to be
extended with different statuses besides "clean" and "virus".  Virus
scanner users and authors should work with us to decide on
standardized return codes such as "clean", "virus", "suspicious",
"oversize", etc.

At some point when we have time (hah!!!) we'll release a development
version of MIMEDefang that uses Email::VirusScan and other modular
goodness.