[Mimedefang] how to block jpg and gif attachements for some users

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 04:03:52 EDT 2008

>> I am running postfix, Spam Assassin, ClamAV, MailScanner on CentOS 5.
>> Now, I need to  block jpg and gif attachements for some users . No
>> rescritions for the rest of users .
>>
>> Can mimedefang do it?
>
> Mimedefang can do that, the question is, does your version of postfix
> understand a milter ?

Pls see below for the postfix ver I use. it says postfix-2.3.3-2

[root at filter ~]# rpm -qa |grep postfix
postfix-2.3.3-2

Does this ver of Postfix understand a milter ?

 If so no problems.  Take a look at how "bad"
> attachments are handled in the documentation, you can set something up that
> works the same to handle blocking/dropping email with images for some users.

I am new to Mimedefang. Could you pls let me know the proper documentation?

>  Or alternatively removing the image and telling the user you removed it.

Yeah, I can look in to it, once I set it up in a right manner.

Hope to hear from you.

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya