[Mimedefang] How to send outgoing mails to another email address

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 12 07:23:08 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 08:32:16AM +0530, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> Hi ALL,
>
> I am running qmail on CentOS . I installed it with qmail toaster. Now,
> I want to send my outgoing mails to another account.
>
> Let's say, my email account is userx at domain.com
>
> When userx at domain.com sends emails, All outgoing mails should be sent
> to another email address that is outgoinguserx at domain.com
>
> Can mimedefang do it? If yes, How Can I achieve this task?

mimedefang requires a milter interface. qmail doesn't have that, so,
no, you cannot do that, with mimedefang, on your current configuration.

mimedefang works best with sendmail, but it also reportedly works with
modern versions of postfix, that have a milter interface enabled. If
you use that, the above would be possible with mimedefang.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!