[Mimedefang] action_discard after action_bounce redudant? Also, adding headers for SA reporting?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Jul 30 13:40:53 EDT 2008

Jason Rabel wrote:

> In the sample config file, I noticed that the code for bouncing a message
> was like:

> 	action_bounce("MIME type message/partial not accepted here");
> 	return action_discard();

You are right; the action_discard() is redundante.

[...]

> So now I'm back to a heavily modified quarantine subroutine using some of
> the code to synthesize a return header and prepend it to the message before
> writing the quarantine file. I'm currently waiting for some spam to see if
> it writes the header properly... But I would of thought there should have
> been an easier way.

There is no easier way, unfortunately.  Our commercial CanIt product does
pretty much what you had to do.  But, did you look at mimedefang.pl?
You can probably reuse the synthesize_received_header() function...

PS: I've had to write-protect the Wiki because of vandalism.  If you have
greylisting code you'd like posted there, please send it to me and I will
post it.