[Mimedefang] Mimederfang not running all Spamassassin tests

Chris Sanburn csanburn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 10:40:21 EDT 2008

> There may be an easier way, but the spam_assassin_* functions in
> mimedefang-filter let you optionally specify a config file.
>
> Edit the call to spam_assassin_check in your filter, probably filter_end:
>
> spam_assassin_check(/path/to/<pickoneofyourfiles>.cf)
>
> tell mimedefang to reread, and you should be able to track it down.
>
> Ron

Ok, had several great suggestions that I was hopeful would help but
things still aren't working.
I added
$SALocalTestsOnly = 0;
to my /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter file and tested but still I found
that mimedefang wasn't running all tests. Also went to the filter_end
section and added a link right to my rules file with the same lack of
results.
If I knew more about perl I'd try to add some debugging lines to
/usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl to see what's going on.
I did go in and change mimedefang.pl to set SALocalTestsOnly to 0,
regardless of the value set in mimedefang-filter but that was no help.
Yes, I am reloading with /etc/init.d/mimedefang reload
Actually the server was even rebooted earlier so I know all changes
are actually in place.
Any other ideas for tracking down the problem?