[Mimedefang] Mimederfang not running all Spamassassin tests

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at onet.eu
Mon Jul 28 15:59:58 EDT 2008

"Chris Sanburn" <csanburn at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've ran into a curious problem. I'm running the latest Mimedefang and
> Spamassassin 3.2.4
>
> Mimedefang doesn't appear to be running all the tests it should.
>
> I'm not sure where to start looking for problems, anyone have any ideas?
>
> Here's an example, one incoming spam scored like this when it came in
> and was processed by MimeDefang:
>
> pts rule name              description
> ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
> 2.3 HELO_DYNAMIC_DHCP      Relay HELO'd using suspicious hostname (DHCP)
> 1.0 HTML_EXTRA_CLOSE       BODY: HTML contains far too many close tags
> 0.4 HTML_MESSAGE           BODY: HTML included in message
> 1.5 RDNS_NONE              Delivered to trusted network by a host with no rDNS
>
> But when I ran it through spamassassin from the command line I get:
> (using the command: spamassassin < spam-message.txt)
>
> pts rule name              description
> ---- ---------------------- --------------------------------------------------
>  6.1 BAYES_99               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 99 to
> 100%  [score: 1.0000]
>  1.4 HELO_DYNAMIC_DHCP      Relay HELO'd using suspicious hostname (DHCP)
>  0.9 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL      RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP
> address [85.106.210.124 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
>  0.9 RCVD_IN_PBL            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus
> PBL[85.106.210.124 listed in zen.spamhaus.org]
>  2.8 HTML_EXTRA_CLOSE       BODY: HTML contains far too many close tags
>  0.4 HTML_MESSAGE           BODY: HTML included in message
>  1.5 RDNS_DYNAMIC           Delivered to trusted network by host with
> dynamic-looking rDNS
>  3.2 HDR_ORDER_FTSDMCXX_BAT Header order similar to spam
> (FTSDMCXX/boundary variant)

1) By default MIMEDefang uses SpamAssassin in "local tests only" mode.
   [ Set $SALocalTestsOnly=0 in mimedefang.pl.conf ]
2) MIMEDefang uses separate (customized) version of userpref file.
   [ different SpamAssassin configuration ]

--
[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at priv.onet.pl : anfi at xl.wp.pl
Lord, what fools these mortals be!