[Mimedefang] timeout problem in mimedefang

vinita batra batra.vinita at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 05:23:29 EST 2008

Hi ,
I m calling c#.net webservice from mimedefang filter using soap:: lite
webclient perl.

if response from webservice takes more than 3 minutes mimedefang fails
The soap lite webclient does not timeout (i have specified this in code)
and it works properly if it is run standalone.

but when i call this soap lite webclient in mimedefang, then if
webservice responds within 2-3 minutes, mimedefang works fine
but  if webservice responds in>3 minutes, mimedefang fails.

It says Data command failed and connection timed out.

I am using following in sendmail.mc file
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock,T=S:4m;R:25m;E:50m')

Please tell me why mimedefang is failing.

Thanks and Regards,
Vinita Batra