[Mimedefang] handling/scanning japanese email attachment through mimedefang

vinita batra batra.vinita at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 01:54:48 EST 2008

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.
yes i mean Encode::MIME::Header.

My mail client is MS outlook which uses the 'iso-2022-jp' encoding if
filename contains japanese characters.
so first i decode filename from 'iso-2022-jp' encoding in mimedefang
and then encode the resultant filename in MIME::Header.
This encoding converts the filename in Base64 utf8 encoding.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Vinita Batra.