[Mimedefang] Multiple submission queues?

Yizhar Hurwitz yizhar at mail.com
Wed Dec 10 15:54:04 EST 2008

> Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:23:01 -0600
> From: "Hugh Messenger" <hugh.messenger at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Mimedefang] Multiple submission queues?
> To: mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
>
> I have the basic setup going live, and it's humming along nicely.  But
> now I'm trying to add per-user configs using SQL.  Which means
> enabling stream_by_recipient, which means a lot of activity through
> /var/spool/clientmqueue.

HI.

Are you sure that stream_by_recipient is the best solution for the task?
What are the per-user config options that you realy need to support?
Is it per-user blacklist/whitelist?
Spam filter on/off switch?
Or more than that?
The idea is to assume that in most cases, all recipients will have
similar rules,
unless you realy need custom stuff like per-user bayes training.

Have you checked other options, for example (pseudo code) to be used in
filter_end:

if (number of recipients > 1) :
  loop over list of recipients checking for per-user rules, for example
  generate a list of actions for each recip, for example:
    recip1 = default global action (no special rules)
    recip2 = no spam filter.
    recip3 = default global action (no special rules)
    recip4 = default global action (no special rules)
    recip5 = default global action (no special rules)
    recip6 = block message (sender is blacklisted at recip6 per-user
list)
else:
 only one recipient - so just apply per-user rules.

Scan with AV.

Scan with Antispam (if needed).

Now when you have to apply the rules and results on the message,
 you can use action_remove_recipient to block message to specific
recipient(s),
 or other actions as needed.

I guess that you got the idea.
Can it fit your needs?