[Mimedefang] Multiple submission queues?

John Nemeth jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca
Tue Dec 9 23:07:32 EST 2008

On May 1,  7:58am, "Hugh Messenger" wrote:
}
} Well my first week with Mimedefang / SpamAssassin has been fun.
} Management decided at the last minute we couldn't afford Cloudmark any
} more, so I'm busy rebuilding a relay farm that handles about 5 million
} connections a day.
}
} I have the basic setup going live, and it's humming along nicely.  But
} now I'm trying to add per-user configs using SQL.  Which means
} enabling stream_by_recipient, which means a lot of activity through
} /var/spool/clientmqueue.
}
} Is it possible to use multiple clientmqeueue's, and hence multiple

     I don't think so.

} queue runners?  I use 50 queue directories for my 'regular' queue.
} But as I understand it, in recipient streaming, MD is writing those
} queue entries out by steam rather than going through the local
} submission port, so I don't think I have any control over this?

     I set my clientmqueue runner to five minutes, i.e.
/usr/lib/sendmail -L sm-msp-queue -Ac -q5m .  Really, nothing should be
in clientmqueue for any length of time unless the main daemon is not
running or not responding in which case you have a problem.

}-- End of excerpt from "Hugh Messenger"