[Mimedefang] Multiple submission queues?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Dec 9 15:01:19 EST 2008

Hugh Messenger wrote:

> Is it possible to use multiple clientmqeueue's, and hence multiple
> queue runners?  I use 50 queue directories for my 'regular' queue.
> But as I understand it, in recipient streaming, MD is writing those
> queue entries out by steam rather than going through the local
> submission port, so I don't think I have any control over this?

MIMEDefang invokes "sendmail -Ac -odd" to stream messages, so you
may be able to use multiple submission queues.

You may want to look at our commercial CanIt product.  It does
streaming a bit more efficiently; it can group people with the same sets
of rules into the same stream, so instead of remailing one copy per
recipient, it remails one copy per "rule group".