[Mimedefang] Whois for Microsoft?

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue Dec 9 09:03:15 EST 2008

--On Tuesday, December 9, 2008 9:14 +0100 Jan Pieter Cornet
<johnpc at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 04:10:23PM -0500, David F. Skoll wrote:
>> WBrown at e1b.org wrote:
>>> Has anyone looked at the whois data on microsoft lately?
>>
>>> MICROSOFT.COM.ZZZZZZ.MORE.DETAILS.AT.WWW.BEYONDWHOIS.COM
>>

> You'd think with all that money coming in they
> can afford to keep their neighbourhood clean, but apparently not...

You'd think a whois client would right-anchor the search string,
so that searches for microsoft.com would not display names in other
domains like beyondwhois.com.  But I see the whois command both on
Solaris and OS X works the same way.  It's tradition now.

Joseph Brennan