[Mimedefang] Multiple Milters w/ mimedefang

Matt Garretson mattg at assembly.state.ny.us
Mon Dec 8 09:20:32 EST 2008

Mike Weaver wrote:
> Are there issues one needs to be aware of when running multiple sendmail
> milters including mimedefang?  Are there 'housekeeping' issues like if a

I used to run clamav-milter before mimedefang, and sometimes
clamav temp files would get left behind if my mimedefang filter
decided to reject the email.  A cleanup job in cron worked
around that.

Now I run everything (clamav,bogofilter,spamassassin) from within
mimedefang so it's no longer an issue.  As a benefit, my load
average seemed to drop quite a bit now that I'm running only one
milter.

-Matt