[Mimedefang] defang script using chown or chgrp

Jon Rowlan jon.rowlan at sads.com
Tue Apr 29 03:20:32 EDT 2008

> You could (as you said) use a cron job to do the chown.  Or a SUID
> program (not recommended unless you are very careful).  Or use a
> database to store the messages instead of the file system.

Thinking about it David, database storage with a cron to extract into a
mailbox would be no more work than a "cp" and "cron" process.

Also, as I want to purge after 30 days my cleanup would be easier.

I have google'd "mysql" and "mimedefang" but don't see much other than
MySQL used for preferences storage. There doesn't seem anything in the
FAQ or doc's regarding storage.

Do I simply stuff 'INPUTMSG' into a large binary field?

jON