[Mimedefang] Re: SA 3.2.0 and tmp files

Matthew Schumacher matt.s at aptalaska.net
Tue Sep 18 11:51:21 EDT 2007

Jason Bertoch wrote:

>>  I'm doing my own SpamAssassin calls...
>
> If you're doing your own SA calls outside of MD, then the fix to your problem
> probably doesn't lie within MD.  There was a change in SA several versions ago
> that required a number of front-ends, including MD, to issue a patch.  Maybe the
> front-end you're using to call SA requires such a patch.
>
> However, I can say with experience that both the patch and the latest MD version
> fixed this very issue for me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jason

I'm putting:

$ENV{'TMPDIR'} = '/var/spool/MIMEDefang/';

Near the top of my filter which causes spamassassin to use the
mimedefang spool as it's tmp directory.  Since this is a ramdisk, it
doesn't cost you disk I/O to have spamassassin do it's thing.  Just make
sure you run a new version of mimedefang so that finish is called and
spamassassin cleans up after it's self, otherwise your ramdisk will fill
and mimedefang will quit working.

schu