[Mimedefang] Mail Restrictions with sendmail and mimedefang

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 7 03:02:31 EDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 03:21:21PM +0530, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> Hey, No one recieves mails form mailinglists.
> This was requested by a customer. They not not any Bcc and want to
> limit Cc to about 5.

Well, you could do it with mimedefang (*). Simply check if all
@Recipients are also mentioned in the To: or Cc: lines.

As for limiting the Cc... do you know you can put multiple addresses
in the To: line, too? You could limit that too in mimedefang (though
setting sendmail's MaxRecipientsPerMessage, or confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE
in sendmail.mc, is easiest).

However, I think you should consider if you actually want to implement
this. If a customer asks you to shoot them in the foot, you don't
necessarily have to obey (even if just out of self interest: if it
"breaks", they'll come complaining and expect you to fix it. Even if
it was broken due to their own request).

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!