[Mimedefang] Mail Restrictions with sendmail and mimedefang

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 04:59:54 EDT 2007

> On 9/7/07, Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> >  On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 03:21:21PM +0530, Indunil Jayasooriya wrote:
> > > Hey, No one recieves mails form mailinglists.
> > > This was requested by a customer. They not not any Bcc and want to
> > > limit Cc to about 5.
> >
> > Well, you could do it with mimedefang (*). Simply check if all
> > @Recipients are also mentioned in the To: or Cc: lines.

 Hey, I am new to mimedefang and also am not good in perl.

 Could you pls tell me what is the file should I check ? is it
/etc/mail/mimedefang-filter  or /usr/bin/mimedefang.pl ?

> > As for limiting the Cc... do you know you can put multiple addresses
> > in the To: line, too? You could limit that too in mimedefang (though
> > setting sendmail's MaxRecipientsPerMessage, or confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE
> > in sendmail.mc, is easiest).

If used sendmail's  MaxRecipientsPerMessage, or confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE,
 I think it would be applicable to Recipients in To:, Cc and Bcc .

 Am I right?

 or is it only applicable to To: section?

--
Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya