[Fwd: [Mimedefang] Log Question]

Cormack, Ken ken.cormack at roadway.com
Wed Oct 31 08:36:38 EDT 2007

> I have been doing a lot of research trying to figure out this problem.
> I have not been able to figure out the whole check process thing yet.
> But, I have figured out that md_graphdefang_log is logging to the mail
> facility where md_syslog logs to some other facility which goes to my
> /var/log/messages file.

The attached perl script might help you confirm that syslog.conf is
configure as needed/expected.  The script understands the way levels and
facilities work in syslog.conf, and will show you a complete listing of what
facilities, at each, will go to what logs.  Pipe the output to "pg" or to a
file, to review your syslog.con configuration.

Ken