[Mimedefang] mimedefang-multiplexor slave segfaults

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Thu Oct 25 20:12:43 EDT 2007

On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 05:58:34PM -0400, Jeff Rife wrote:

> > Something on my system is now causing segfaults on every instance of
> > mimedefang-multiplexor slaves. I've rebuilt sendmail and mimedefang without
> > getting anywhere. I suspect the flaw is in some system library that I've
> > updated (this is on Gentoo) or that got corrupted.
>
> Do you use any database connection?  I still have some segfaults from
> MySQL using server-side prepared statements within MD.  I can't
> reproduce the bug outside MD like I could before when I reported it, so
> I'm just living without server-side prepares.

No database in this setup.

> But, if you got an update to your Perl DBI install, that might be the
> cause (like it was for me).

There was an additional problem with my Perl DB_File throwing an error about
a unmatched symbol in on iteration of the several versions of stuff I've
tried to work around this with. Reinstalling the db package on the system
ended that error. I reinstalled the DB_File package after that, too. Before
the db re-install I reinstalled all the other Perl modules on the system,
with no improvement; but maybe I should try that yet again in case something
else is downstream of db?

I think it was something that would have been loaded on startup that
changed, since the segfaults showed up immediately on restarting the system,
but anything I'd upgraded would have been some many days before. Hope I can
find a fix soon - the spam's just pouring in meanwhile.

You think there's something I should downgrade?

Whit