[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang versus CanIt-Pro versus Barracudas?

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Fri Nov 30 09:26:09 EST 2007

Wesley Peters <wes at softweyr.com> wrote on 11/29/2007 08:24:40 PM:

> In real world use, everyone I've ever talked to who has a Barracuda
> hates it.  They have to install additional spam filters because the
> Barracuda catch rate is so poor, and they constantly have to fish
> valid emails out of the quarantine because the false-positive rates
> are so high.

Wes brings up something that's been rattling around in the back of my
head...  As long as a spam filter blocks most of the spam, and doesn't
block too many legitimate messages, users will think it is the most
wonderful thing since sliced bread.  Users are just happy they get 10
messages per day instead of hundreds (in spite of them inviting most of it
by bad behavior online)