[Mimedefang] Failures after upgrade to Perl 5.8.5

Paul Murphy Paul.Murphy at argentadiscovery.com
Mon Nov 19 08:49:09 EST 2007

Bob,

> The maillog showed a couple of errors - "Slave 5 stderr Can't locate

> object method seek in File::Temp" and Slave 0 stderr: Can't locate
> object method "binmode" via package "IO::File".

> I thought I had the first one fixed after meddling with Perl modules.

> That got email running again, until I noticed the second problem,
which
> only causes attachments to fail.

Looks like the Perl upgrade hosed your non-standard modules by
installing older versions in the default locations, so I'd start with
the Prerequisites list from mimedefang.org and ensure that you have all
of them at the correct version again, either by uninstalling the older
versions, or by reinstalling the newer versions, and then ensuring that
Perl picks them up first...

Ah the joys of automatic updates - especially automatic updates to
critical system components...

Paul.

Paul Murphy
Head of I.T.